What is a Success and Confidence Coach for Girls?
I believe that all girls have greatness inside of them. As your personal success and confidence coach, you can think of me as your own personal cheerleader, ally, and advisor. I will see your greatest potential – even when you don’t see or believe it – and work with you to build confidence, develop your strengths and become your greatest vision for yourself. I am hear to support, guide, and encourage you. I promise to value and respect you as a unique person without judgment. Together, we will create an action plan that will empower you to discover your capabilities and accomplish your goals.
In our sessions, I will listen to your hopes and dreams and help you identify thoughts, behaviors, and situations that keep you from moving forward and reaching your full potential. Together, we will create an action plan that will empower you to discover your capabilities and accomplish your goals.
My unique coaching approach combines my extensive training and professional experience as a girls’ health researcher, health educator, girl advocate, and founder of Helping Our Teen Girls In Real Life Situations, Inc. (HOTGIRLS)®, with my training as a certified teen life coach and personal development coach.
My coaching programs are designed to help you go from feeling:
- Alone to supported
- Misunderstood to understood
- Unsure of yourself and worried about what others think about you to confident
- Pretending to be something that you’re not so you can fit in to happy with being the REAL you
- Unhappy with your appearance to comfortable in your own skin
As a result of coaching with me, my hope is for you to fall madly in love with yourself from the inside out and make healthy choices so you can create a bright future and achieve your dreams!
Note: Coaching is a different approach than therapy and coaching is not appropriate for everyone. Please read the FAQ’s for more information.
Private and Group Coaching
I offer coaching for pre-teen (ages 9-12) and teen girls (ages 13-19) who want support in deepening their self-awareness, building confidence, achieving their goals, dealing with challenges in their lives, improving their relationships, and/or stepping into their greatest vision for their lives. As my client, you will meet with me on a regular basis and receive inspirational exercises in between sessions to help you make progress in your journey to greatness.
Ongoing 45-minute private coaching sessions are held two or four times per month, and each client is given a reserved and consistent time slot. Private clients can coach with me from the comfort of their own homes via phone/video Skype. I can also arrange to meet with you in person in my Atlanta office (limited availability).
Group coaching provides a friendly and supportive place for girls to support each other. Girls enrolled in group coaching programs are expected to have a pleasant disposition to ensure an enjoyable experience for each group member. I am currently preparing to launch a new group coaching program for girls (Spring 2013). Please check back soon for more information and sign up for the waiting list at the bottom of this page.
Online Coaching for Teen Girls (13+)
I am preparing to launch a fun and unique online coaching program for teen girls (13 and older) to help more girls reach their dreams.
Please sign up for my email newsletter for parents/guardians to receive updates, special offers, and the latest information.
I coach girls in the following areas:
- School stress and time management
- Transitioning to a new school and/or grade level
- Dealing with pressure from peers, family, teachers, and even yourself
- Enhancing relationships with parents and siblings
- Self-love, self-care, and self-empowerment
- Healthy self-esteem and self-worth
- Building resilience to unhealthy messages about women and girls
- Respect for self and others
- Healthy body image and self-acceptance
- Healthy dating (break-ups, choices, sex, respect, etc.)
- Media messages
- Friendship challenges and “fitting in”
- Dealing with bullies and “girl drama”
- Healthy life skills and time management
- Self-awareness and inner wisdom to help you make choices that honor your beliefs and values and discover your true identity
- Effective communication skills
- Financial goals
- Beating the blues
- Leadership development
- Identifying your dreams and passions
- Celebrating your accomplishments
- …and more!
How Does Life Coaching Help Young Women and Girls?
- A caring confidant you can trust and confide in without being judged
- A professional advisor who will guide you towards becoming a strong, confident, happy, and empowered young woman
- An adult mentor to motivate, inspire, challenge, support, and uplift you as you work to achieve your goals
- A personal “cheering section” to help you feel good about yourself and create an exciting plan for your future
- A safe space to vent your frustrations, learn how to manage stress, and discover who you really are
- Learn tools to help you make positive choices, cope with challenges in your life, and deal with difficult people (teachers, friends, etc.)
- Gain self-confidence, self-esteem, and self-awareness
- Improved communication skills
- Feel better about yourself
- Improved positive attitude and self-management
- More positive and healthy relationships (parents, siblings, friends, etc.)
- Supportive relationships and new friendships with other young women and girls (small group and online coaching)
- Learn to be more responsible
- …and more!
What are the Benefits for Parents?
- More effective communication and an improved relationship and connection with your daughter
- Improvements in your daughter’s attitude, confidence, happiness, outlook, and motivation
- You will receive reality checks, information, resources, and insight into your daughter’s world
- Your daughter will strengthen her values and learn tools and strategies to help her make empowered decisions and avoid teen risk taking/negative outcomes
- A trained adult devoted to providing support and guidance to your daughter while helping her build confidence and overcome her fears and limiting beliefs that keep her from reaching her potential
- An experienced adult role model skilled at having difficult conversations with your daughter about topics that make you uncomfortable
- Someone to motivate, inspire, challenge, and support your daughter and help her set and achieve goals
- Your daughter will become more aware of her strengths and how to use them to help her reach her goals
- An accountable environment where your daughter will learn to become more responsible and understand the impact of her choices on her life and future
- …and more!
Is Coaching Right For You?
Coaching is a different approach than therapy and coaching is not appropriate for everyone. If your daughter has a current or past history of counseling/therapy OR if any of the items listed below apply, coaching may not be the best option for your daughter (coaching is for people who are well-adjusted, emotionally healthy, and effectively functioning). If you have concerns, please provide more information by submitting an application.
- violent behavior and/or aggression towards others
- anger management challenges
- history of arrests, probation, placement in a juvenile detention center, crimes against minor children, unruly child petition, etc.
- depression, bipolar disorder, suicidal thoughts, or suicide attempts
- difficulty opening up to adults
- difficulty getting along with peers in a group setting
- Asperger’s syndrome, autism spectrum disorder, or social skills challenges
- serious thoughts of self-harm or harming others
- diagnosed personality disorders
- self-injurious behaviors (cutting, etc.)
- eating disorders (i.e., anorexia, bulimia, etc.)
- setting fires
- harming animals
- hospitalization in a mental health facility
- substance abuse or participation in a rehabilitation program
Please read the FAQ’s for more information about the difference between coaching and therapy.
If you or your daughter is experiencing an emergency or self-injurious thoughts or behaviors (cutting, overdosing, suicide, etc.), consult a licensed mental health provider and/or call 911 immediately!
Are You Ready to Begin Coaching With Me?
I have a limited number of openings available for private clients. Therefore, I begin private coaching with an application and complimentary 15 minute phone consultation/inquiry call prior to the initial intake session with the parent(s)/guardian(s) to determine whether coaching with me is the best option for your daughter(s). I only accept new clients for private coaching if I believe that my coaching services are the best fit for their needs.
Here’s what you need to do to begin:
- Read the Frequently Asked Questions about Coaching
- If you are interested in private coaching, please read the FAQs and submit an application. We will follow up with next steps and additional information after we review your application.
- If you are interested in group coaching in Atlanta, Georgia, sign up for the waiting list below.
Rave Reviews from Girls
“Over the years I’ve been able to talk to Dr. Carla about my issues without feeling bad about what I was going through. She talks with me, not at me and gives me great advice that I can relate to everyday life.” – Jakia
“I know all the girls including myself feel like we can talk to you about anything and you’ll listen and we talk about this all the time like how we look at you as our sister and not just a teacher or mentor… You’re not just another adult telling us what to do.” – Amber
“Dr. Carla is someone who you can really trust and look up to. She is someone who I can go and talk to about any of my problems whether it’s a boyfriend or even something deeper. She is a great motivator. She is someone who I can call my big sister. I know she won’t judge me about any problem I may have in my life.” – Sesyli
“Dr. Carla is one of the few adults that I knew who can converse with youth on their level. She is very honest, caring and inspirational…She truly cares about our youth and is so selfless in doing so… She has a good heart and she shows her dedication each day when she goes into the community to educate.” - Ja’Celynn