What is a Life Coach & Success Mentor for Girls?
I believe that all girls have greatness inside of them. As your personal coach and success mentor, you can think of me as your own personal cheerleader, ally, and advisor. I will see your greatest potential – even when you don’t see or believe it – and work with you to build confidence, develop your strengths and become your greatest vision for yourself. I am hear to support, guide, and encourage you. I promise to value and respect you as a unique person without judgment. Together, we will create an action plan that will empower you to discover your capabilities and accomplish your goals.
In our sessions, I will listen to your hopes and dreams and help you identify thoughts, behaviors, and situations that keep you from moving forward and reaching your full potential. Together, we will create an action plan that will empower you to discover your capabilities and accomplish your goals.
My unique coaching approach combines my extensive training and professional experience as a girls’ health researcher, health educator, girl advocate, and founder of Helping Our Teen Girls In Real Life Situations, Inc. (HOTGIRLS)®, with my training as a certified teen life coach and personal development coach.
My coaching programs are designed to help you go from feeling:
- Alone to supported
- Misunderstood to understood
- Unsure of yourself and worried about what others think about you to confident
- Pretending to be something that you’re not so you can fit in to happy with being the REAL you
- Unhappy with your appearance to comfortable in your own skin
As a result of coaching with me, my hope is for you to fall madly in love with yourself from the inside out and make healthy choices so you can create a bright future and achieve your dreams!
Note: Coaching is a different approach than therapy and coaching is not appropriate for everyone. Please read the FAQ’s for more information.
Private and Group Coaching
I offer coaching for pre-teen (ages 9-12) and teen girls (ages 13-19) who want support in deepening their self-awareness, building confidence, achieving their goals, dealing with challenges in their lives, improving their relationships, and/or stepping into their greatest vision for their lives. As my client, you will meet with me on a regular basis and receive inspirational exercises in between sessions to help you make progress in your journey to greatness.
Private clients can coach with me from the comfort of their own homes via phone/video Skype. I can also arrange to meet with you in person in my Atlanta office (limited availability). I also have limited availability to travel to your location (within the United States) for select clients (additional fees apply).
Group coaching provides a friendly and supportive place for girls to support each other. Girls enrolled in group coaching programs are held to high standards and expected to have a pleasant disposition to ensure an enjoyable experience for each group member. I am currently preparing to announce upcoming workshops and group coaching programs. Please check back soon for more information and sign up for the waiting list at the bottom of this page.
Online Coaching for Teen Girls (13+)
I am preparing to launch a fun and unique online coaching program for teen girls (13 and older) to help more girls reach their dreams.
Please sign up for my email newsletter for parents/guardians to receive updates, special offers, and the latest information.
I coach girls in the following areas:
- School stress and time management
- How to thrive during the transition to a new school and/or grade level (middle school, high school or college)
- Dealing with pressure from peers, family, teachers, and even yourself
- Enhancing relationships with parents and siblings
- Self-love, self-care, and self-empowerment
- Healthy self-esteem and self-worth
- Building resilience to unhealthy messages about women and girls
- Respect for self and others
- Healthy body image and self-acceptance
- Healthy dating (break-ups, choices, sex, respect, etc.)
- Media messages
- Friendship challenges and “fitting in”
- Dealing with bullies and “girl drama”
- Healthy life skills and time management
- Self-awareness and inner wisdom to help you make choices that honor your beliefs and values and discover your true identity
- Effective communication skills
- Financial goals
- Beating the blues
- Leadership development
- Identifying your dreams and passions
- Celebrating your accomplishments
- …and more!
How Does Life Coaching Help Young Women and Girls?
- A caring confidant you can trust and confide in without being judged
- A professional advisor who will guide you towards becoming a strong, confident, happy, and empowered young woman
- An adult mentor to motivate, inspire, challenge, support, and uplift you as you work to achieve your goals
- A personal “cheering section” to help you feel good about yourself and create an exciting plan for your future
- A safe space to vent your frustrations, learn how to manage stress, and discover who you really are
- Learn tools to help you make positive choices, cope with challenges in your life, and deal with difficult people (teachers, friends, etc.)
- Gain self-confidence, self-esteem, and self-awareness
- Improved communication skills
- Feel better about yourself
- Improved positive attitude and self-management
- More positive and healthy relationships (parents, siblings, friends, etc.)
- Supportive relationships and new friendships with other young women and girls (small group and online coaching)
- Learn to be more responsible
- …and more!
What are the Benefits for Parents?
- More effective communication and an improved relationship and connection with your daughter
- Improvements in your daughter’s attitude, confidence, happiness, outlook, and motivation
- You will receive reality checks, information, resources, and insight into your daughter’s world
- Your daughter will strengthen her values and learn tools and strategies to help her make empowered decisions and avoid teen risk taking/negative outcomes
- A trained adult devoted to providing support and guidance to your daughter while helping her build confidence and overcome her fears and limiting beliefs that keep her from reaching her potential
- An experienced adult role model skilled at having difficult conversations with your daughter about topics that make you uncomfortable
- Someone to motivate, inspire, challenge, and support your daughter and help her set and achieve goals
- Your daughter will become more aware of her strengths and how to use them to help her reach her goals
- An accountable environment where your daughter will learn to become more responsible and understand the impact of her choices on her life and future
- …and more!
Is Coaching Right For You?
Coaching is a different approach than therapy and coaching is not appropriate for everyone. If your daughter has a current or past history of counseling/therapy OR if any of the items listed below apply, coaching may not be the best option for your daughter (coaching is for people who are well-adjusted, emotionally healthy, and effectively functioning). If you have concerns, please provide more information by submitting an application.
- violent behavior and/or aggression towards others
- anger management challenges
- history of arrests, probation, placement in a juvenile detention center, crimes against minor children, unruly child petition, etc.
- depression, bipolar disorder, suicidal thoughts, or suicide attempts
- difficulty opening up to adults
- difficulty getting along with peers in a group setting
- Asperger’s syndrome, autism spectrum disorder, or social skills challenges
- serious thoughts of self-harm or harming others
- diagnosed personality disorders
- self-injurious behaviors (cutting, etc.)
- eating disorders (i.e., anorexia, bulimia, etc.)
- setting fires
- harming animals
- hospitalization in a mental health facility
- substance abuse or participation in a rehabilitation program
Please read the FAQ’s for more information about the difference between coaching and therapy.
If you or your daughter is experiencing an emergency or self-injurious thoughts or behaviors (cutting, overdosing, suicide, etc.), consult a licensed mental health provider and/or call 911 immediately!
Are You Ready to Begin Coaching With Me?
In order to provide highly personalized solutions for my clients, I work with a small number or parents and have limited availability for new clients. To be considered for coaching, the first step is for a parent/guardian to complete an application for a phone consultation. After I review your application and determine if we are a good match, we will be in touch to schedule a complimentary 15 minute phone consultation to explore your concerns in more detail and whether coaching with me is the best option for your needs.
Here’s what you need to do to begin:
- Read the Frequently Asked Questions about Coaching
- If you are interested in private coaching, please read the FAQs and apply for a complimentary consultation. We will follow up with next steps and additional information after we review your application.
- If you are interested in group coaching in Atlanta, Georgia, please sign up for the waiting list below and we will be in touch when open enrollment for the next group program or workshop.
Featured Success Story: Graduation with Honors from Lycee Francais de New York
“Over the past six months, I have observed big achievements and success…My daughter is more self-aware, has a more positive attitude, and is much more organized and better at managing stress…If you are thinking about coaching with Dr. Carla, I can assure you that the investment in your daughter’s happiness and future success is priceless!”
What were your daughter’s biggest challenges before coaching with Dr. Carla?
Before coaching with Dr. Carla, my 17-year-old daughter was fearful of success and worried about her future and what’s coming next after high school. She was very stressed out and struggled with time management and unstable self-esteem. I searched online for a teen success coach and felt comfortable about hiring Dr. Carla to help my daughter build confidence, try new things, manage stress, and improve her grades after our initial phone consultation.
For our first session, Dr. Carla met with us in Manhattan, which helped my daughter feel more comfortable about long distance video coaching. Her warm and engaging presence, combined with her high level of compassion, attentiveness, professionalism, and knowledge about teen girls let me know that we were in good hands. Dr. Carla used a variety of approaches and techniques to help my daughter learn how to deal with stress and disappointment with great sensitivity. She also taught her valuable life and academic skills, including how to create and stick with a study plan for her Baccalauréat exam.
What results did your daughter achieve while coaching with Dr. Carla?
After only a few weeks of coaching, I noticed that my daughter was taking more responsibility for herself and much more in tune with her feminine power. Over the past six months, I have observed big achievements and success. My daughter is more self-aware, has a more positive attitude, and is doing a better job of controlling her emotions when she is stressed out or thinking negatively. She is much more organized and better at managing stress, which helps her from becoming overwhelmed. As a single mother, I feel relieved from the entire weight of dealing with my daughter alone because I know that she can talk to Dr. Carla when she is struggling with a challenge or disappointment, especially when I am out of town.
Overall, the coaching has been very successful. While coaching with Dr. Carla, my daughter graduated with honors from a prestigious private school, earned her high school diploma and was admitted into her dream university. We are both thrilled that she achieved her goal of passing her Baccalauréat exam with a magna cum laude mention. She is also showing much more responsibility in her personal life. She is more in tune with herself and gaining back core skills that she exhibited during childhood. I have observed huge progress in terms of her body image. She is more accepting of herself, proud of her body, and feels that she is beautiful for the first time since was a little girl.
What is the most important thing parents and girls should know about coaching with Dr. Carla?
Investing in coaching for your daughter is like partnering with a professional ally who is devoted to helping you empower her. Dr. Carla actively listens to your daughter and provides feedback and accountability that helps her develop solutions to her challenges. Issues to be worked on are discussed in advance and when new issues emerge, the coaching plan is revised to adjust to the new needs and priorities. Getting your daughter coached by Dr. Carla is an active way to get a neutral and engaged ally in accelerating her self growth and self development to her fullest potential.
Would you recommend Dr. Carla’s coaching services to other parents?
I am pleased with Dr. Carla’s life-changing coaching program and have recommended her services to my colleagues without reservation. She has treated us like a priority and is highly attentive to our needs and concerns. When I have questions or concerns about my daughter, she provides helpful advice and resources.
My daughter looks forward to her regular coaching sessions and we are excited about continuing our coaching with Dr. Carla during my daughter’s first year away at college. I view Dr. Carla as a necessary partner in my daughter’s education and success.
What would you say to a parent who is undecided about hiring Dr. Carla?
If you are thinking about coaching with Dr. Carla, I can assure you that the investment in your daughter’s happiness and future success is priceless!
– Fanta’s Mother, Manhattan, NY
“While I was coaching with Dr. Carla, I got into my dream college in Montreal, Canada, graduated from Lycee Francais de New York, and passed my Baccalauréat exam with a magna cum laude mention. I would not have been able to accomplish all of my goals without her help!”
Where were you in your life before coaching with Dr. Carla?
Before coaching with Dr. Carla, I was a senior in high school and under a lot of academic stress and also dealing with self-criticism, self-confidence and self-esteem issues. I was being mean to myself and didn’t realize that I was standing in the way of my own success. I wanted a coach because I wanted an adult other than my Mom to be there for me when I have a problem.
How did you hear about Dr. Carla?
I heard about Dr. Carla through my mom. She searched online and found her.
Describe your experience coaching with Dr. Carla
Coaching with Dr. Carla is amazing! I Skype all the time w/friends so video coaching with Dr. Carla feels normal. It also helped that I met Dr. Carla in person in Manhattan for our first coaching session because it didn’t feel like I was Skyping with a stranger. Sometimes it is intense and I get emotional, but it is the kind of intensity that I need to be able to grow and move forward.
What results did you achieve while coaching with Dr. Carla?
After 6 months of coaching with Dr. Carla, I am more laid back and not as stressed out or jumping to conclusions as quickly as before. I am also noticing when I start to think negatively and I am able to shift to positive thinking and believing more in myself. During my coaching with Dr. Carla, I got into my dream college in Montreal, Canada, graduated from Lycée Français de New York, and passed my Baccalauréat exam with a magna cum laude mention. I would not have been able to accomplish all of my goals without her help!
Dr. Carla taught me how to get organized and work with a study schedule that we created together. I improved my study skills and learned how to deal with conflict with my mom and how to deal with disappointment and rejection without getting as upset and stressed out as I used to. It is nice to have someone to talk to about my anxieties and worries about the Baccalauréat exam. I was overwhelmed and Dr. Carla helped me create a study strategy that really helped me.
What was the biggest lesson learned from coaching with Dr. Carla?
The best part about coaching with Dr. Carla is learning how to deal with my limiting beliefs. That was the breaking point and it made me stare right into the face of the problem. I noticed that all of the things I felt were wrong in her life were really the result of the negative story I was telling myself about them. I am much happier now that I have learned how to focus on everything I have to feel grateful for. Dr. Carla helped me realize that I can decide how to react to certain situations that are out of my control.
Would you recommend Dr. Carla’s coaching programs to other young women and parents?
Yes, I would recommend coaching with Dr. Carla because I am really seeing how much I changed over the past 6 months and I love the results. I know that with time, I will continue to get better. To see so much positive growth and improvement in my life is like, wow! If you’re not sure about coaching with Dr. Carla, just try it and see. Don’t be afraid to take a risk because at the end it’s really worth it!
What’s the most important thing people should know about coaching with Dr. Carla?
It doesn’t feel like Dr. Carla is just my coach because she is really invested in me. She’s not just doing her job – it’s much more than that. I love knowing that I can reach out to Dr. Carla in between sessions and she will be there for me. Coaching with Dr. Carla is not always serious. We talk about serious stuff but we also laugh and have fun!
– Fanta P., Montreal, Canada
Rave Reviews from Girls
- “Over the years I’ve been able to talk to Dr. Carla about my issues without feeling bad about what I was going through. She talks with me, not at me and gives me great advice that I can relate to everyday life.” - Jakia
“I know all the girls including myself feel like we can talk to Dr. Carla about anything and you’ll listen and we talk about this all the time like how we look at her as our sister and not just a teacher or mentor… She’s not just another adult telling us what to do.” – Amber
“Dr. Carla is someone who you can really trust and look up to. She is someone who I can go and talk to about any of my problems whether it’s a boyfriend or even something deeper. She is a great motivator. She is someone who I can call my big sister. I know she won’t judge me about any problem I may have in my life.” – Sesyli
“Dr. Carla is one of the few adults that I knew who can converse with youth on their level. She is very honest, caring and inspirational…She truly cares about our youth and is so selfless in doing so… She has a good heart and she shows her dedication each day when she goes into the community to educate.” - Ja’Celynn